Did you know that the oldest discovered fossils show life on Earth began more than 3.5 million years ago?
- Create your own fossils by making a simple dough of 1 cup salt, 2 cups flour and 3/4 cup water.
- Form the dough into 6 rounds shaped like cookies and press dinosaur toys or other items into the dough to create impressions in the rounds.
- Remove the items from the dough and take a photo of the impressions you made by clicking “Submit Evidence” in the app.
- Your mission is now complete, BUT you can continue to form your fossils by putting them on a cookie sheet and have an adult help you bake them at 200 degrees for 45-60 minutes to harden the fossils.
- Watch the video below where Mercer University Assistant Professor of Anatomy Dr. Francis Kirera explains how real-life fossils are formed.