Looking for a personal-sized, hassle-free dessert? Our new “Cooking in the Cave” episode has the perfect recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth. And it’s made even better by the fact that no oven is required, and you’re just minutes away from a rich, fudgy treat.
Grab your favorite coffee mug and follow along with Mercer Dining Food Services Director Jarvis Napier and Executive Chef Jimmy Brown as they make a brownie in a mug. Use their base recipe and add in whatever extras and toppings you want, such as candy and nuts. Don’t forget to put a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top.
Tell your friends to make their own because you’re not going to want to share. After all, you deserve this brownie, and it’s in your favorite mug.
Brownie in a Mug
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
Tiny pinch of cinnamon (optional)
3 tablespoons milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Scoop of ice cream
- Melt the butter in microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt) in a bowl.
- Stir in the butter to make paste, add milk and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Place batter in favorite coffee mug, filling no more than halfway.
- Cook in microwave on high for 1 minute for fudge-like consistency or 1 1/2 minutes for cake style.
- Let rest for 4 minutes. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top with cinnamon if desired.