Mercer University is hosting the Fall 2023 Innov8GA conference on entrepreneurship education, where entrepreneurship educators and industry partners throughout the state will be discussing the topic: How Might We Encourage Community and Entrepreneurship via Interdisciplinary Partnerships. The conference will be held at the Mercer Innovation Center in Macon on October 20 from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
“At Mercer, we are proud to be a member of Innov8GA and their goal of supporting entrepreneurship education throughout the state,” said Dr. Briana Stenard, associate professor of management and entrepreneurship for Mercer’s Stetson-Hatcher School of Business.
Dr. Stenard went on to add that hosting the fall conference on interdisciplinary and community partnerships was a natural fit because that is what they strive to do in their entrepreneurial programming.
“We believe in working with other universities and partner organizations to enhance the experience for our student entrepreneurs,” she explained. “We look forward to an engaging discussion at the conference on how we can continue to improve our programming through collaboration.”
- 9:00-9:10 a.m. – Welcome to Mercer from William D. Underwood, president of Mercer University
- 9:10-9:20 a.m. – Introductions and Innov8GA kickoff from Paul Lopez, TIE Atlanta, and Dr. Julie Petherbridge, dean of Mercer’s Stetson-Hatcher School of Business
- 9:20-10 a.m. – Enjoy breakfast, networking, and visiting partner organization tables
- 10-11:30 a.m. – Panel Discussion: Interdisciplinary Partnerships in Entrepreneurship Education
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Lunch and networking + partner tables reopen
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. – Breakout workshops, one for faculty/students and one for community partners
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Closing remarks and community announcements
- 2:30 p.m. – Tours of Mercer campus
To register for the conference, visit hub.tie.org/e/innov8ga-fall-conference.